More than 5 million visitors to the Texas zoo lost $ 370,500,000 last year – resulting in 5,412 jobs earning $ 578,500,000.
Financial evaluation of peer-reviewed visitors was carried out by financial experts at the National Park Service (NPS) and the US Geological Survey. The report shows $ 20.5 billion for direct use by more than 297 million visitors to areas within 40 miles of nature reserves. The fund contributed 322,600 jobs nationwide; 269,900 of these works are found in these remote villages. The added benefit to the US economy was $ 42.5 billion.
In terms of the economy of tourists spending, accommodation had the most direct impact, with $ 7 billion on the global economy. The restaurant segment had the second largest impact, with $ 4.2 billion in global economy.
The National Parks in Texas are:
- Alibates Flint Quarries National Monument
- Amistad National Recreation Area
- Big Bend National Park
- Big Thicket National Preserve
- Chamizal National Memorial
- El Camino Real de los Tejas National Historic Trail
- The Camino Real de Tierra Adentro National Historic Trail
- History of Fort Davis
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park
- Lake Meredith National Recreation Area
- Lyndon B Johnson National Historical Park
- Father Island National Seashore
- Palo Alto Battlefield National Historical Park
- Rio Grande Wild and Scenic River
- San Antonio Missions National Historical Park
- Waco Mammoth National Monument